48 Station Road, Ilkley, West Yorkshire LS29 7NE 01943 864909 Email: Joanne@burleynurseryschool.com

Funding your child's place

A variety of sources of funding may help you with covering your childcare costs. For more information about how these work, please don’t hesitate to call or email us.


Tax credits

 Some families are eligible for financial assistance through the Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit (if eitheryou or your partner is working). The amount you receive will depend on your circumstances. You can order a claim pack by calling the Tax Credits helpline on 0845 300 3900. For more information on eligibility and how to claim, visit www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk


Nursery Education Funding for two year olds

Some 2 year olds are eligible for free early education. As with the 3 and 4 year old funded places this can be taken as 15 hours each week for 38 weeks of the year.

Parents must be eligible for one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income not over £16,190
  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Working Tax Credits and earn £16,190 a year or less

 Children are also entitled to a place if:

  • they’re looked after by a local council
  • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
  • they get Disability Living Allowance
  • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order


Nursery Education Funding for three year olds

From the term after your child’s third birthday, you will be able to claim from the local authority for a maximum of 15 hours per week, for 38 weeks of the year. You will be required to complete the relevant forms to enable us to claim this from Bradford Early Years on your behalf. The funding is deducted from your annual invoice.


Corporate Childcare Vouchers

In April 2005, the government introduced the Corporate Childcare Vouchers Scheme (not to be confused with the Nursery Education Grant for Three and Four Year Olds, which is in addition to this scheme). This scheme allows each parent/legal guardian to earn a portion of their salary on a basis which is non-taxable and exempt from National Insurance contributions. It is paid in the form of Corporate Childcare Vouchers. Self-employed parents/legal guardians can also benefit from the use of these vouchers, but only if they pay themselves a salary.


At present, this allowance is capped at £55 for each parent/legal guardian per week. This equates to £2,916 per annum or £243 per calendar month for each parent/legal guardian.


We can easily register with any voucher provider, and already accept vouchers from providers including:

·         Accor Services

·         Computershare Voucher Services (formerly known as Busy Bees)

·         care-4

·         Sodexho

·         Edenred


Redeeming vouchers

If you receive paper vouchers, they can be passed to us and redeemed each month against your fees. Alternatively, many providers now offer an automatic or semi-automatic redemption process. If you pay the balance of your fees by direct debit, once we know that you are redeeming childcare vouchers automatically we will deduct your monthly voucher payment from your invoice total at the beginning of each month.